* Live Recording featuring Steve Coleman, Morgan Craft, Micah Gaugh, Melvin Gibbs, Kokayi Issa and Jason Moran
* Recorded direct-to-disc on The Vinyl Factory Lathe at the Serpentine Sackler Gallery, September 2017
* Sleeve artwork concept by Arthur Jafa, designed by OSK Studio Los Angeles
* Gatefold sleeve printed UV litho with a black overprint on 340gsm silver mirri board
* Inner sleeve hand screen printed with clear gloss foil blocking on 320gsm popset black paper
* Pressed on 180-gram heavyweight black vinyl on the EMI 1400 in Hayes, Middlesex
* Ltd Ed of 300.
* Hand-signed and numbered by the artist
* Released date: 28th Feb 2018.
Artist, film maker and cinematographer Arthur Jafa presented a Listening Session on 9 September 2017 with musicians Steve Coleman, Morgan Craft, Micah Gaugh, Melvin Gibbs, Kokayi Issa, Jason Moran and performance artist Okwui Okpokwasili, celebrating his exhibition ‘A Series of Utterly Improbable, Yet Extraordinary Renditions’ at the Serpentine Sackler Gallery.
The dismembered jazz ensemble improvised simultaneously but separately at secret ‘Black Sites’ across London. The resulting music was live streamed to the Serpentine Sackler Gallery, where Okwui Okpokwasili performed, devising a time-based work accompanying the discordant soundtrack. The Listening Session was recorded direct-to-disc on The Vinyl Factory Lathe, which was installed in the Gallery.
A. Live Recording
B. Guide Track