January 25, 2022
Focusing on his molam style productions.
A new compilation of Thai producer Surin Phaksiri’s 60-80s work, titled Classic Productions by Surin Phaksiri 2: Molam Gems from the 1960s-80s, is being released via EM Records this February.
The molam style focuses on vocal fineness, with the genre’s name meaning “expert singer”.
Molam Gems from the 1960s-80s features 15 singers across its 22 tracks, with Phaksiri specificallytailoring his productions to compliment each singer’s voice.
Having been released on separate 7”s, all tracks are being reissued for the first time.
It follows the label’s release of Emerson Kitamura’s The Countryside is Great — one of our favourite reissues from 2021.
Pre-order Surin Phaksiri 2: Molam Gems from the 1960s-80s here in advance of its 25th February release, check out the artwork and tracklist below.
1. Lumyai Sungkamani – Lam Phloen Handsome Guy
2. Chomsawai Saentawisok – Lam Phloen Call Me Please
3. Thongmi Malai – Lam Phloen Putting a Girl in Her Place
4. Keawta Prayalae – Keawta Lam Phloen
5. Chamnian Mitpracha – Lam Phloen Please Get Along with Me
6. Chabaphrai Namwai – Lam Phloen No Appease No Love
7. Chabaphrai Namwai – Lam Phloen Thinking about Sa-U
8. Sonthaya Kalasin – Lam Phloen Friend and Friend (Instrumental)
9. Homhuan Saksakul – Lam Phloen Young Widower
10. Phairin Phonphibun – Lam Phoen Letʼs Go to Kathina Festival
11. Phairin Phonphibun – Lam Tangwai Phairin
12. Banyen Siwongsa – Lam Phloen Sakhon Na Khon
13. Sonthaya Kalasin – Lam Tangwai Gigolette
14. Somthin Charoenchai – Lam Phloen Folk Song
15. Chabaphrai Namwai – Lam Phloen Open-air Cinema
16. Banyen Siwongsa – Lam Phloen Nakhon Phanom
17. Sukchai Petch-ubon – Lam Phloen Before Farewell
18. Chawiwan Damnoen – Welcome to Nakhon Phanom
19. Kampun Foongsuk – Lam Toei Ram Wong Romance
20. Chamnian Mitpracha – Lam Phloen The Story of Walking in the Forest
21. Naree Rungruang – Lam Phloen Letʼs Fall in Love
22. Kampun Foongsuk – Lam Toei A Promise of Isan Girl