May 28, 2021
A “transgenre” set at Stones Throw’s Gold Line Bar, playing records from its 10,000+ collection.
In VF Live, DJs take you inside their homes, record stores, and studios, for intimate sets and mixes.
Artist, producer, and composer The Twilite Tone returns for his latest VF Live set, recorded at Stones Throw’s Gold Line Bar in LA.
“The inspiration behind each one of my selections was the deliberate intention to allow beautiful mistakes to occur whilst in practice of bravely moving forward on this journey of sight and sound.
“I selected these songs from a collection of records at Goldline Bar that I was introduced to for the first time about an hour before presenting this set of records for The Vinyl Factory and you.
This presentation is tied to myself, and my project and platform “The Clearing House”, as it is a impromptu freestyle presentation as a precursor to the “Expected The Unexpectedness” nature of myself and “The Clearing House”. TCH debuted on Worldwide FM, and episodes are a window into the building process of the project by showcasing rough sketches, demos, freestyles, outtakes, edits, remixes conversations with yours truly and my creative, beautiful, and likeminded collaborators. Stay tuned…”
Watch and listen to the set above, check out the tracklist below.
1. Public Enemy – Night of the Living Baseheads
1. National Health – Black Hat
2. Gang Starr – Take it Personal
3. NTU & Gary Bartz – Dozens
4. The S.O.S. Band – Weekend Girl
5. Space Art – Nous savonstout
6. Grand Puba – Soul Controller
7. Large Professor & Pete Rock – The Rap World
8. James Vincent – Alone (Space Traveler)
9. Fela Kuti Feat. Afrika 70 – Confusion
10. 3 Ring Circuits – Moving World
11. Pleasure – Sending My Love
12. Ashford & Simpson – Love Don’t Make It Right (12” Disco Mix)
13. Esyxx – Be My Side
14. US – GO*ILL or chica[GO, ILL]inois for the lamen
15. Virgo – Rhythm Trax Go Wild Track 3
16. Panache[Just Brothers] – Sweet Jazz Music
17. Prince – Make Up
The Twilite Tone’s The Clearing is out now on Stones Throw.