October 28, 2021
“Today I’m taking you to the club.”
In VF Live, DJs take you inside their homes, record stores, and studios for intimate selects and mixes.
London DJ Scarlett O’Malley returns for her monthly VF Live residency with a house special traversing ’90s classics, minimal, and acid.
“I’m a little gutted that I didn’t ever get to experience the break of house when it was coming to fruition,” O’Malley says, “to have been at those illegal raves where you hit a phone box for the address and the massive warehouses. Everything seems very formulaic and clean these days, and I don’t like it! So a lot of these records, when I hear them, I think about their history, their roots, their place on the dancefloor.”
“Dancing to house music is inbuilt in my soul, so I wanted to reflect that in my records today,” she says.
Watch and listen to the set above, and check out the tracklist below.
1. Lil Louis + The World – French Kiss (The Original Underground Mix)
2. Secretsundaze – Devious
3. The Boss – Congo (D Max Mix)
4. Gordon Black – Joy (Original Mix)
5. Brooklyn Housin’ Authority – Pumpin’ Up Da House
6. Fayleine Brown – You Know I’ve Missed You (Todd Edwards Remix)
7. Kimani – Soul Exodus
8. OnePhatDeeva – In and Out My Life
9. Rick Wilhite – What Do You See? (Ricks Mix)
10. The Roy Davis Project – Midnight Scat
11. Mr Fingers – Can You Feel It
12. DJ Gregory – Vasefa
13. Joe Smooth – I’ll Be There