January 25, 2021
Sounds from Hawaii.
In VF Live, collectors take you inside their HQs, record shops, and studios for intimate sets and mixes.
For Aloha Got Soul’s latest VF Live show, Roger Bong and Oliver Seguin play records that remind them of home – as Oahu, Hawaii’s most populous island, goes into its second stay-at-home lockdown of the year.
“These are the sounds that connect us to Hawaii, that bring us closer to the land, and to the people of these islands.”
Watch and listen to the set above, check out the tracklist below.
1. Kaahumanu – Kaahumanu
2. Hoku Ramussen – Aloha To You
3. Unknown artist – Kuilima, Hale by the Sea
4. Island Band – Ulili E
5. Tau Moe – title unknown
6. Ka’ala – Ocean Rider
7. Rocky Custer – Wave Dreams
8. Steve & Teresa – Catching A Wave
9. Us – Surfing
11. Unknown Artist
12. Country Comfort – We Are The Children
13. Mike Kahikina – Hawaii’s Beautiful
14. Buddy Fo – Sand & Sea
15. Brothers Ioane – Hawaii 77
16. Marvin Franklin – Kona Winds
17. Seprock – Kona Windz
18. Melveen Leed – Melveen’s Letter
19. Nanakuli Sons – Kila Kila O Kuilima
20. Bill Kaiwa – Why Do I Do That?
Head here to check out Aloha Got Soul’s releases, including records from the set.