August 3, 2020
Film soundtracks meet experimental cinemascapes.
In VF Live, our favourite collectors take you inside their homes, record shops, and studios – for intimate mixes and performances.
Artist and musician Laima’s latest set sees her unearthing film soundtracks alongside cinematic electronic compositions, to incantatory effect.
Watch and listen to the set above, find out more about it and check out the tracklist below.
“In this episode I’ve selected tracks from films and merged them with experimental music which have a soundtrack vibe. There is a tone of psychedelic meets spiritual, with a recurrent theme of the Devil being a woman, chantings and exorcism.”
1. Ennio Morricone – Victima Paschali Laudes
2. Roberto Pregadio & Romano Mussolini – Satanik (Sequence 5)
3. Mark Leckey – Exorcism Of The Bridge @ Eastham Rake
4. Kali Malone – Cast Of Mind
5. Rioji Ikeda – Music for Percussion
6. KWC 92 – KWC 92
7. Bobby Krlic – A Language of Sex
8. Tetēma – Death in Tangiers
9. Alejandro Jodorowsky – La Catedral De Los Puercos
10. John Carpenter – Assault On Precinct 13