UVA & DANIEL J.THIBAUT
* Limited edition of 100 unique artworks
* Each edition includes an individual fine art print created by UVA
* Printed by K2 Screen on Hahnemuele Photo Rag 308gsm, 240x240mm
* Hand-tipped onto each debossed front cover
* Bespoke black-foiled outer sleeve, Colorplan Natural 350gsm
* Bespoke die-cut inner sleeve, Colorplan Natural 170gsm
* 180-gram heavyweight white vinyl
* Music composed by Daniel J.Thibaut
* Performed by Chromatic
* Released to celebrate the UVA exhibition Synchronicity at 180 Studios, London
Commissioned by 180 Studios as part of the UVA exhibition Synchronicity, Chromatic is a software-driven optical instrument that explores the harmony of form and the interaction of colour and sound. Each line, shape, and colour plays a role in constructing this generative audio-visual installation.
A computationally programmed, rule-based system endlessly assembles and re-assembles abstract formations and harmonic sequences, producing geometric compositions that play with colour blocking, depth of field and the profound interplay between auditory and visual stimuli.
Light itself becomes the instrument in Chromatic as colour frequencies are expressed through corresponding sound frequencies in a synesthetic transmutation that yields both harmonious and discordant results.
Composer Daniel J Thibaut created a dynamic score via a responsive collaboration between man and machine.