October 26, 2021
Featuring Hiroshi Sato, Hatsumi Shibata, Hitomi ‘Penny’ Tohyama, Midori Hara and more.
Wewantsounds is releasing a new compilation, titled Tokyo Glow, this December.
Curated by DJ Notoya, the compilation dives into the archives of Japanese label Nippon Columbia — one of the country’s most storied imprints.
Spanning city pop, funk, soul and beyond, the compilation features music from Haruyoshi Yamashina, Hiroshi Sato, Hatsumi Shibata, Hitomi ‘Penny’ Tohyama, Midori Hara and more.
It follows the label’s Tokyo Dreaming compilation in 2020, which focused on both Nippon Columbia and its Better Days sub-label.
Pre-order Tokyo Glow here in advance of its 10th December release, check out the artwork and tracklist below.
1. Kumi Nakamura – Kimagure
2. Miyuki Maki – Indo No Michibata
3. Haruyoshi Yamashina – Osake To Joke
4. Sumiko Yamagata – Natsu No Hikari Ni
5. Hatsumi Shibata – Party Is Over
6. Makoto Iwabuchi – Moonlight Flight
7. Hiroshi Sato – Saigo No Tejina
8. Arakawa Band – Paradise’s Dream
9. New Generation Company – I Wander All Alone (Part III)
10. Kiyohiko Ozaki – Ojosan Oteyawarakani
11. Kengo Kurozumi – Juggler
12. Ken Nishizaki – Koi No Paradigm
13. JADOES – Simply Another Love
14. Midori Hara – Aamar Jabar
15. Hitomi ‘Penny’ Tohyama – Tuxedo Connection
16. Mizuki Koyama – Oh! Daddy
17. Haruo Chikada & Vibra-Tones – Sofa Bed Blues
18. Mitsuko Horie – Chigasaki Memory
Photo © Nippon Columbia