February 27, 2019
“A selection of the kind of records I play to set the tone when DJing all night long.”
Floating Points aka Sam Shepherd is curating the newest instalment of Late Night Tales, out this March on double vinyl.
“I’ve learnt about a lot of incredible music from listening to Late Night Tales over the years, so I jumped at the opportunity to compile one myself,” he shares. Its 17 tracks span soul, ambient, jazz and folk.
There are 3 exclusives tunes on the compilation: Sarah Davachi’s ‘Untitled, live in Portland’, Floating Points’ ‘The Sweet Time Suite, Part I – Opening (Kenny Wheeler cover version)’ and Toshimaru Nakamura’s ‘Nimb#59′.
Late Night Tales follows Floating Points’ Ratio 12″ in 2017, as well as his Reflections – Mojave Desert LP, and the reissue of Abu Talib (Bobby Wright) ‘Blood Of An American’, via his Melodies International label this year, which also appears on this collection.
Pre-order a copy of the album here ahead of its 29th March release, listen to ‘Blood Of An American’ above and check out the track list below.
1. Sarah Davachi – Untitled, live in Portland (Excerpt) (Exclusive track)
2. Carlos Walker – Via Láctea
3. The Rationals – Glowin’
4. William S. Fischer – Chains
5. Max Roach – Equipoise
6. Abu Talib (Bobby Wright) – Blood Of An American
7. Sweet & Innocent – Express Your Love
8. Robert Vanderbilt & The Foundation of Souls – A Message Especially From God
9. The Defaulters – Gentle Man
10. Alain Bellaïche – Sun Blues
11. Alain Bellaïche – Sea Fluorescent
12. Kara-Lis Coverdale – Moments In Love (Excerpt)
13. Azimuth – The Tunnel
14. Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith – Milk (Excerpt)
15. Toshimaru Nakamura – Nimb#59 (Exclusive track)
16. Floating Points – The Sweet Time Suite, Part I – Opening (Exclusive Kenny Wheeler cover version)
17. Lauren Laverne – Ah! Why, Because The Dazzling Sun (Exclusive spoken word piece)
Photo by Dan Medhurst.