Fact Magazine - Gabriel Moses
* Four limited edition die-cut covers
* Exclusive artwork by Jon Rafman, Gabriel Moses, Kali Malone, Gabriel Massan & LYZZA
* Art & gaming special featuring Danielle Brathwaite-Shirley, Theo Triantafyllidis, Hans Ulrich-Obrist and more
* Features with Martine Syms and Campbell Addy
* 240 x 305mm (open 480 x 305mm)
* 212 pages + 2 fold outs
* 52 pages Munken Kristal Rough 120gsm
* 160 pages Magno gloss 115gsm
* Art direction by Zak Group Office
* Published by 180 Studios
Gabriel Massan & LYZZA, Jon Rafman, Kali Malone and Gabriel Moses feature on the cover of Fact’s S/S 2023 issue, which also focuses on the artists pushing video games into exciting, unexpected directions.
Inside this issue of the freshly redesigned Fact is an original artistic contribution by Jon Rafman, whose computer-generated fever dream Minor Daemon recently exhibited at 180 Studios. This was also the setting for the cover photoshoot with Gabriel Massan and LYZZA, whose accompanying interview details Massan’s Third World, which they describe as a “consciousness-raising game that explores Black-indigenous Brazilian experience.”
Elsewhere in Fact issue five, we shine a light on the absurd genius of Theo Triantafyllidis, whose works typically consist of immersive environments which double as humorous social commentary on the neoliberal forces shaping the internet today, and artist Danielle Brathwaite-Shirley, who discusses how her art investigates the ways in which digital media and technologies are an extension of our material existences.
In addition, Hans Ulrich Obrist asks a range of artists what elements every good video game should have, and we take a retro-futurist look at our Future Shock exhibition as we prepare to launch a virtual version created by the artist Weirdcore.
Beyond art and gaming, Fact’s new issue also celebrates the unique and diverse artistic visions of Kali Malone and Martine Syms, as well as Campbell Addy and Gabriel Moses, who recently held acclaimed solo exhibitions at 180 Studios.