August 22, 2017
A celebration of the Purple One.
My Name is Prince – the first official exhibition devoted to Prince Rogers Nelson – is opening in London this autumn.
“Showcasing hundreds of never before seen artefacts direct from Paisley Park Prince’s famous Minnesota estate. Visitors will get a unique insight into the life, creativity and vision of one of the most naturally gifted recording artists of all time.”
My Name is Prince launches on the 27th October 2017 at London’s O2 arena and will run for 21 days, in honour of the “21 unprecedented record-breaking, sold-out concerts that Prince played at The O2 in August and September 2017.”
Head here for more info ahead of the ticket on-sale date this Friday 25th August 2017, and check out of a selection of the items exhibited below.
My Name is Prince exhibition pieces include:
– Clothing from the 1984/1985 Purple Rain tour
– Clothing from the 1988/1989 LoveSexy tour
– Wardrobe from the 1990 film, Graffiti Bridge
– Gibson L65 guitar that Prince used when he made his national television debut on American Bandstand in 1980 (also used on the Prince tour and Dirty Mind tour
– The original bass that was the inspiration for the Cloud guitar
– The orange Cloud guitar made for Prince’s 2007 Super Bowl halftime performance (used during The Earth tour in 2007)
– Third-eye sunglasses from 2014
– Diamond studded cane from 2015
– Clothing worn during the 2007 3121 shows, 21 nights at The O2 shows and more
– Diamond vest worn during his 2013 V magazine shoot
– The Raspberry Beret cloud suit from 1985