September 17, 2020
Including his work for Derek Jarman, David Lynch, Danny Boyle and more.
Brian Eno is releasing a new 2xLP compilation collecting his film and television soundtrack work, titled Film Music 1976 – 2020, via UMC this November.
Spanning over fifty years, the compilation features his soundtrack work for films directed by the likes of Derek Jarman, David Lynch, Ralph Bakshi, Peter Jackson, and a Slavoj Žižek documentary.
Alongside his film work, Eno’s compositions for TV shows including Top Boy, Neil Gaiman’s Neverwhere, and Danny Boyle’s Mr Wroe’s Virgins are also included.
Film Music 1976 – 2020 follows the release of Eno’s soundtrack to Gary Hustwit’s 2018 Dieter Rams documentary for the first time, this August.
Head here to pre-order a copy in advance of Film Music 1976 – 2020’s 13th November release, check out the artwork and tracklist below.
1. Top Boy ( Theme ) – from Top Boy – Season 1
2. Ship in a Bottle – from The Lovely Bones
3. Blood Red – from Francis Bacon’s Arena
4. Under – from Cool World
5. Decline And Fall – from O Nome da Morte
1. Prophecy Theme – from Dune
2. Reasonable Question – from We Are As Gods
3. Late Evening in Jersey – from Heat
4. Beach Sequence – from Beyond The Clouds
1. You Don’t Miss Your Water – from Married to the Mob
2. Deep Blue Day – from Trainspotting
3. The Sombre – from Top Boy Season 2
4. Dover Beach – from Jubilee
1. Design as Reduction – from RAMS
2. Undersea Steps – from Natural World – Hammerhead
3. Final Sunset – from Sebastiane
4. An Ending ( Ascent ) – from For All Mankind