June 1, 2021
Featuring the legendary singer’s collaborations with Whitney Houston, Elton John, and George Michael.
A collection of Aretha Franklin’s work from 1980-2014, titled I Knew You Were Waiting: The Best Of Aretha Franklin 1980-2014, is being reissued on vinyl, via Legacy this June.
Read more: The sample legacy of Aretha Franklin
The 18-track compilation collects Franklin’s work from 1980 to 2014, including ‘Who’s Zoomin’ Who?’, ‘It Isn’t, It Wasn’t, It Ain’t Never Gonna Be’, ‘Another Night’, and more.
It also features her work with Whitney Houston, Elton John, George Michael, George Benson and more.
Alongside I Knew You Were Waiting, Franklin is also the subject of forthcoming film Respect, premiering this Summer.
Pre-order I Knew You Were Waiting: The Best Of Aretha Franklin 1980-2014 here in advance of its 18th June release, check out the artwork and tracklist below.
1. United Together (Single Version)
2. Love All the Hurt Away (Aretha Franklin & George Benson)
3. Jump to It (Radio Mix)
4. Get It Right (Single Version)
5. Freeway of Love (Single Mix)
1. Who’s Zoomin’ Who? (Single Version)
2. Sisters Are Doin’ It for Themselves (feat. Eurythmics)
3. Another Night (Single Mix)
4. Jumpin’ Jack Flash (7″ Mix)
1. Jimmy Lee (Single Version)
2. I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)(George Michael and Aretha Franklin)
3. Through the Storm (Duet with Elton John)
4. It Isn’t, It Wasn’t, It Ain’t Never Gonna Be (Single Version)(Duet with Whitney Houston)
1. Ever Changing Times (Single Edit)(feat. Michael McDonald)
2. A Deeper Love (feat. C+C Music Factory)
3. Willing to Forgive
4. A Rose Is Still a Rose (Radio Edit)
5. Rolling In the Deep (The Aretha Version)