October 21, 2020
“Envisioning technology, nature and humanity intertwined in a new Utopia.”
Music From Memory has collected ambient and chill-out music from the nineties – Virtual Dreams: Ambient Explorations In The House & Techno Age, 1993-1997 for its latest compilation, released this December.
Following the rise in popularity of chillout rooms during the early to mid-’90s, techno and house producers began to explore the outer limits of ambient, emboldening it with a dose of sonic futurity.
Virtual Dreams collects experimental ambient and chill-out tracks made between 1993-97, from artists including David Moufang, Richard H. Kirk, Mark Pritchard & Kirsty Hawkshaw, The Primitive Painter, Dubtribe Sound System and more.
The compilation marks Music From Memory’s 50th release, as well as the first in a forthcoming series of compilations that collects the work of multiple artists with similar threads in their music.
Head here to pre-order a copy in advance of Virtual Dreams: Ambient Explorations In The House & Techno Age, 1993-1997’s 7th December release, check out the artwork and tracklist below.
1. MLO – Birds And Flutes
2. Pulusha – Isolation (Part Two)
3. Space Time Continuum – Fluresence
1. David Moufang – Sergio Leone’s Wet Dream
2. LA Synthesis – Frozen Tundra Dub
1. Richard H. Kirk – Oneski
2. A Positive Life – The Calling (Loved’Ub Mix)
1. Sideral – Mare Nostrum
2. The Primitive Painter – Levitation
3. Sun Electric – Love 2 Love
1. LFO – Helen
2. Dubtribe Sound System – Sunshine’s Theme (Sunshine’s Remix)
3. Human Mesh Dance – ∞
1. Link – Arcadian (Global Communication Remix)
2. The Arc – Orphic Mysteries
3. Bedouin Ascent – Joyriding III