Carl Craig’s 2004 masterstroke re-engineered in a groundbreaking classical version, the 12” features the studio version of the Versus orchestral adaptation, as well as an unreleased take of the original by Carl Craig. Pressed on Azure Blue vinyl, housed in a custom made thick card sleeve. Limited to 1000 copies.
* Carl Craig’s 2004 masterstroke re-engineered in a groundbreaking classical version
* Versus adaptation featuring Francesco Tristan & Les Siècles orchestra conducted by Francois-Xavier Roth
* 12” also includes new Carl Craig VCO Update Mix
* Pressed on Azure Blue 180-gram heavyweight vinyl
* Housed in a custom-made, luxuriously thick card sleeve
* Limited edition of 1000 copies
* Release Date: 17/03/2017
A. Versus version
B. VCO Update mix
`Sandstorms´ was originally released in 2004 on Carl Craig’s legendary EP “Just Another Day” and Planet E and InFiné are honoured to release it as the debut for the Versus project. This 12” features the studio version of the Versus orchestral adaptation, as well as an unreleased take of the original, both carefully crafted by Carl Craig himself, on blue vinyl.
Versus is a sonic battleground between traditional classical orchestration and underground electronic sound. The project aims to adapt both Craig’s and Francesco Tristano’s repertoires to symphonic instrumentation. In 2008, they made history with a unique live performance in Paris, featuring Moritz von Oswald, conductor François-Xavier Roth, and his Les Siècles orchestra.
|Dimensions||12 × 1 × 12 cm|
The Vinyl Factory