September 21, 2022
Join our team.
The Vinyl Factory is a collective of creative companies, at the heart of which is our music business centred around vinyl: thevinylfactory.com website and e-commerce shop; Vinyl Factory Productions, our independent record label; Phonica Records, London’s best-known specialist dance and electronic music store and a brand with global presence in dance music; and Vinyl Factory Manufacturing, our vinyl pressing plant, the descendant of the original EMI factory in Hayes, West London.
We are looking for a Staff Writer to join our editorial team, reporting to the Editorial Lead. The Vinyl Factory’s editorial team manages written, filmed and social media content dedicated to vinyl culture, in support of The Vinyl Factory brand and music enterprises. We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes music across a broad spectrum of genres, sounds and locations. The ideal candidate will have experience writing about music and will bring their own unique knowledge and flair to the topics that we cover. They will also be interested in working with new editorial formats and be overflowing with ideas to explore and share with our audience. From features on The Vinyl Factory website to our ongoing video series VF Live to events and interviews, our Staff Writer will be involved in all editorial activities at an exciting time for our site.
Responsibilities, skills & experience to include:
- Excellent written skills and experience in writing about music;
- Developed research skills and excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to write both long-read and shorter features with a distinct voice;
- Interviewing and working with artists, DJs and other music industry professionals;
- A passion for, and a broad knowledge of, music and music culture, encompassing a wide range of genres and styles.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be adept at juggling multiple deadlines;
- Have an eye for identifying interesting and unique topics for The Vinyl Factory readers;
- Understand SEO guidelines and best practices;
- Have clear communication skills and the ability to work independently;
- Be willing to get involved with all editorial activities across a range of formats
The position is hybrid; candidates should have the right to live and work in the UK, and be happy to attend work at an office in London when not working remotely.
Please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Due to the volume of responses, unfortunately we will be unable to respond to every applicant.