March 14, 2019
Reimagining classics by Yellow Magic Orchestra, Mariah and Yukihiro Takahashi covering Burt Bacharach.
The newly formed Studio Mule band are releasing their debut album, BGM, this May.
Studio Mule was initially started as a sub-label of Japanese imprint Mule Musiq.
For Studio Mule band’s debut, label head Toshiya Kawasaki enlisted a “group of shifting members” including Kuniyuki Takahashi, Miyako Koda and Nanako Sato.
The album features reworks of Yellow Magic Orchestra’s ‘Ballet’, Mariah’s ‘Shinzo No Tobira’, and Yukihiro Takahashi’s version of Burt Bacharach’s ‘The April Fools’.
Check out the cover art by photographer Kota Shouji and track list below, ahead of the album’s 3rd May release.
1. Shinzo No Tobira [Feat. Miyako Koda (Dip In The Pool)]
2. Kagami No Naka No Jyugatsu [Feat. Nanako Sato]
3. Carnaval [Feat. Miyako Koda (Dip In The Pool)]
5. Soshite Bokuwa Toho Ni Kureru
6. Yugao [Feat. Saho Terao]
7. Face To Face [Feat. Miyako Koda (Dip In The Pool)]
8. The April Fools [Feat. Nanako Sato]