July 10, 2019
Featuring vocal contributions from Vivian Wang, Laura Jean Englert, and Félicia Atkinson.
Jenny Hval is back with a new album called The Practice Of Love.
Inspired by Valie Export’s 1985 film of the same name, it sees the Norwegian artist exploring the concept of love as a poetic and artistic process.
“Love, and the practice of love, has been deeply tied to the feeling of otherness”, explains Hval. “In the last few years I have wanted to take a closer look at the practice of otherness, this fragile performance, and how it can express love, intimacy, empathy and desire.”
Unlike her previous LP Blood Bitch, her latest project features a variety of collaborations with Vivian Wang, Laura Jean Englert and Félicia Atkinson all lending their voices to the record.
The Practice Of Love arrives on September 13th via Sacred Bones.
Head here for more info, check out the cover art and tracklist below.
1. Lions (feat. Vivian Wang)
2. High Alice
3. Accident (feat. Laura Jean)
4. The Practice of Love (feat. Laura Jean and Vivian Wang)
5. Ashes To Ashes
6. Thumbsucker (feat. Félicia Atkinson and Laura Jean)
7. Six Red Cannas (feat. Vivian Wang, Félicia Atkinson and Laura Jean)
8. Ordinary (feat. Vivian Wang and Félicia Atkinson)
Photograph by: Lasse Marhuag