July 2, 2020
Alongside soul and disco selects.
DJs Yoshizawa Dynamite and Chintam are releasing a new compilation, titled WAMONO A to Z Vol. I – Japanese Jazz Funk & Rare Groove 1968-1980, via 180g this September.
Both specialists of the Wamono style – a term for vintage Japanese records encompassing a wide array of genres – DJs Yoshizawa Dynamite and Chintam previously wrote the Wamono A to Z records guide book together.
For the first volume of the Wamono compilation series, the duo have selected rare Japanese funk, soul, groove and disco records released between 1968 and 1980.
Wamono A to Z follows 180g’s release of Ajate’s Alo – one of our favourite albums from March.
Head here to pre-order a copy in advance of Japanese Jazz Funk & Rare Groove 1968-1980 (Selected by DJ Yoshizawa Dynamite & Chintam)’s 11th September release, check out the artwork and tracklist below.
1. Toshiko Yonekawa – Sōran Bushi
2. Takeo Yamashita – A Touch Of Japanese Tone
3. Tadaaki Misago & Tokyo Cuban Boys – Jongara Reggae
4. Chikara Ueda & The Power Station – Cloudy
5. Chumei Watanabe – Downtown Blues
6. Kifu Mitsuhashi – Hanagasa Ondo
7. Monica Lassen & The Sounds – Incitation
8. Norio Maeda, Jiro Inagaki & The All-Stars – Go Go A Go Go
9. Akira Ishikawa & Count Buffalo & The Jazz Rock Band – The Sidewinder
10. Masahiko Sato, Jiro Inagaki & Big Soul Media – Sniper’s Snooze