Last month Alexander Omar Smith aka Omar S announced his fifth album The Best. Released on his own FXHE label and featuring collaborations with fellow Detroit luminaries Detroit artists Norm Talley, O B Ignitt and Kyle Hall, it’s a techno tour de force which Smith himself describes as reflecting “the singer, songwriter/producer’s brilliant career-always vogue, forever moving forward, yet transcending trend to find its place among the classics.”
So what better way to back up that statement than by pressing the 11-track LP across four red vinyl records? Expected to set you back a cool £49.99, it looks like Smith is pursuing a similar route taken by Detroit neighbour Theo Parrish, who caused quite a stir by retailing vinyl editions of his 2014 album American Intelligence for close to £40.
Released on 28th April, you can pre-order your copy here.
01. Time MO 1 (Mix by Norm Talley)
03. Chama Piru’s
04. Bugging Out feat. Tom Buggs
05. Bitch… I’ll Buy Another One
06. You Silk Suit Wearing MuLaFuuk’ka
07. Smash feat. O B Ignitt and Kyle Hall
08. Take Ya Pik Nik
09. Seen Was Set
10. On Your Way feat. Divinity
11. Heard Chew Single feat. John FM