The Vinyl Factory presents a special limited edition of Luftbobler, the debut album by Dinos Chapman.
Limited to 300 copies worldwide, this edition includes an exclusive coloured etching by Dinos Chapman, individually tipped in, with five colour screen printed artwork across four bespoke panels. Each sleeve has been hand signed and numbered by the artist.
Written and produced by Dinos Chapman, the album’s 13 tracks have been mastered for vinyl and pressed on two 180-gram heavyweight, hand-etched records.
This edition also contains an additional one-sided 12″ vinyl pressing of an exclusive bonus track, which will never be subsequently released on any format.
Brimming with subversive energy, searing wit and gallows humour, Luftbobler consists of 13 tracks of electronic music – created at Dinos Chapman’s basement studio in East London; the result of a decade of experimenting with sound.
At once eerily familiar and yet unplaceable, Luftbobler’s multi-layered, innately physical soundscapes create a powerful sense of dislocation. Abstract and kinetic, the album’s heavy low end hits you in the solar plexus while the densely collaged melodies toy with your imagination.
“People are going to make comparisons with the art,” says Dinos. “Everyone’s going to expect thrash metal or some ear-bending dissonance from one of the Chapman brothers, but that’s too easy. That’s what I imagine artists would make. For me, it was always important to make music.”
Limited Edition details:
* Four plate copper etching by Dinos Chapman, hand coloured on 300gsm Somerset Velvet soft white paper
* Five colour screen printed artwork across four panels of cloth-bound bespoke board
* Two 180-gram heavyweight hand etched records, containing the album’s 13 tracks, pressed on the EMI 1400 in Hayes, Middlesex
* Limited to 300 copies worldwide, each hand signed and numbered by the artist
* Contains an exclusive bonus track, pressed on an additional one-sided 12″
* Mastered for vinyl by Noel Summerville at 3345 Mastering
* Music written and produced by Dinos Chapman
* Original etching by Dinos Chapman
* Design by FUEL
Luftbobler was released on gatefold vinyl, CD and digital formats on 25 February 2013.