November 28, 2014
Here’s what you need to know about ILM tomorrow.
It’s that time of year again: ILM returns to London’s Old Spitafields Market for a day of festive vinyl trading.
As usual a flock of top indie labels will be pitching up to the marketplace, bringing to the table super rarities, signed records, collectables, exclusives and generally just some cracking records.
With so many top releases on offer, we’ve picked out some highlights to keep an eye out for.
– Ninja Tune: Exclusive 12″s from Bonobo, The Bug vs. Earth, Romare and Jaga Jazzist
– Mute: Can The Lost Tapes limited edition box set (only two copies left; unavailable elsewhere); Limited copies of all Can albums; Limited edition new releases by Ben Frost, Zola Jesus and Swans
– R&S: Re-mastered re-issues of Model 500 Sonic Sunset; The last red vinyl copies of the latest Paul White album Shaker Notes
– Strut: Sun Ra And His Arkestra In The Orbit Of Ra (out of press since release in September; ILM exclusive batch); Test pressings of new comp Dance Mania: Ghetto Madness
– Balkan Vinyl: Star Wars themed rave releases, with original 1977-85 action figures (!)
– Because: Metronomy The Upsetter 12” remixed by Mogwai; Limited copies of the remastered Cerrone back catalogue
So shop ’till you drop, enjoy all-day DJ sets, give your records a deep clean with Vinyl Shine and sip on top quality craft-beer courtesy of London Brewers’ Market. And if you love Oasis and/or want to support Médecins Sans Frontières, there’s the chance to buy Noel Gallagher’s guitar in a (silent) auction.
To get you through Friday, listen to this super ILM playlist featuring an exclusive new track from The Early Years:
There’s no entrance fee to ILM, and the market runs from 11am-6pm at Old Spitalfields Market, EC1 6EWL. For more info, go here.